A new electronic system for the pre-registration of all shipment information has launched by the Egyptian Customs , its named as Advanced Cargo Information (ACI) . The registration on the ACI system is mandatory for all shipments that will be arrived at Egyptian seaports from July 1, 2021.
Advance Cargo Information registration system procedures ( ACI):
- Uploading the fundamental information of importer on the Nafeza website with the shipment code
- Information is examined whether it is illegal
- Shipment documents are sent by the exporter
- The importer reviews the shipment and its documents
- Prior customs clearance which occurs before the arrival of shipment
- It is allowed to pay the customs fees before the arrival of the shipment
- Conducting inspection and perusal procedures by the customs authority
- The shipment is delivered to the owner after the satisfaction of all the above.
For further information in respect on the above , please contact Baianat-IP Egypt Office at Egypt@baianat-ip.com