Boarder measures and the protection of intellectual property rights at the customs :
Customs play an essential role in all international trade operations. As a fact, TRIPS Agreement – the Agreement on Trade Related Aspects in Intellectual Property Rights-has included standards related to the provision of intellectual property rights, their scope and use, whether in relation to copyright and related rights or those related to trademarks and geographical indications or those related to industrial designs, and the agreement imposed on member states several general obligations in order to enforce intellectual property rights, as the agreement required member states to include in their domestic legislation; the necessary procedures to ensure the enforcement of intellectual property rights in order to facilitate the taking of effective measures against any infringement of intellectual property rights covered by the protection stipulated in the Trips Agreement, including the provision of rapid and deterrent penalties to ensure that no infringement of intellectual property rights occurs, provided that the imposition of these penalties does not prevent legitimate trade and provide guarantees against its misuse.
Among those measures we are mentioning the “border measures and the protection of intellectual property rights at the customs” which are summarized in the below main points of procedures:
- First : Stopping the release of goods by customs authorities .
- Second: Guarantees or equivalent guarantees .
- Third: The right to inspect and obtain information .
- Fourth: Actions Taken Without Request .
- Fifth: Penalties .
Our team help and advise the clients regarding the best and most effective Anti-Counterfeit strategies as we have professional investigators, also, we cooperate with the governmental entities such as the Customs and Criminal Investigation Departments to achieve a cost-effective and the most practical resolutions and advise regarding the appropriate legal actions to be taken.
Monitoring all trademark filings in the MENA region.
- How would you detect a trademark infringement or an unlawful registration attempt of your famous brand ?
- Through our elite team and their ongoing detailed trademark watching, our team monitors all the filing behaviors of trademarks around the MENA region in order not to miss any opposition deadline and to be able to act quickly against any infringing attempt of your intellectual property.
- Your intellectual property rights demand the best protection, you can trust our team with delivering the required information in timely manners, our watch notice services insure abolishing the risk of lost revenues because of to trademark infringement or unlawful registration by a third party.
Tackling IP infringements and preparing market reports for brands.
- How would you tackle the infringement or counterfeits of your brand or product in the market ?
- We have a special trained market investigation team, who are trained to swipe the market for favor of detecting lookalikes and copycats of your brands in the market. We are able to conduct market in-depth investigations to tackle any suspected abuse of your intellectual property rights or others engaging in unfair competition.
- Also we have special trained investigators who tackle such infringements online, through online market search on local pages or applications. Trust us with providing you with your desirable report of trademark investigation and market watch of your Intellectual property.